I am just feeling like I want to inspire today. That's it, just a few thoughts that I feel would help anyone, everyone. Do all 10 or pick your favorite two or three. However you choose, I'd love to know the results, so please share. Here's to your best reading, writing and visualizing year ever!
1. Read 30 minutes a day - if you did this everyday you could finish 30 books a year. In his book Outliers, Malcom Gladwell suggests it takes 10,000 hours to become world class in something. At a minute a page, that's 30 pages a day, 210 pages a week...you get the picture.
2. Visualize - sound funny? Try it for a week and see what happens. Thought is the creative stuff that molds our life and attracts similar stuff into our life. Thoughts also travel from one mind to another, and if they are strong enough, they can be unconsciously picked up by people, who are in a position to help us materialize our desires and goals. But don't be satified with just thoughts - SUCCESS REQUIRES ACTION!
3. Keep a To Do List - easier said than done. There are many great systems out there, find one you like (if you need help, email me). In a fast-paced society, there are ALWAYS things to do. It is difficult to remember everything on your own, so that's why it's good to learn to rely on something else: a to-do list!
4. WRITE! - I never really believed in this until I did it. Who cares what you write about, just write. Daily.
5. Set Goals - BHA GOALS! - but not only set them, write them down (hear a recurring theme here?) Writing down your Dreams and Goals is an important first step towards achieving them. First, because by writing them down it forces you visualize your Goals (again, recurring theme??). And second, because the act of writing them down creates a commitment on your part. Only about 5% of the population actually takes the time to write down their Goals and Dreams. Maybe that is why so few people are actually living the life that they would like to be living. By the way, BHA stands for BIG HAIRY AUDACIOUS.
6. Surround yourself with like minded people - Meet people like you who are into living a life that they want to live and have similar goals and aspirations as you. When you discuss your goals and actions with others, it holds you accountable and brings your goals closer to reality.
7. Be conscience of your character - The wonderful thing about character and integrity, which are intimately related, is that they're one of the few things in life that no one will ever be able to forcefully take away from you. So if you're stuck with them, make sure you are proud of them.
8. Trust your Instincts - Our society prizes logical analysis, rational thought, reasoned arguments. Yet there is growing evidence that your instinct may be more accurate after all. How do you hone it? 1. meditate 2. Journal 3. Be Patient
9. Be healthier - I know your reaction "Ugh!" But hear me out. I didn't say get to your ideal weight, excercize 5 times a week for 45 min a time. I simply said be healthier. Choose one thing and stick to it reagarding your health. Just one...then once that is easy...do another.
10. Be authentic - Being authentic means projecting a persona that does not conflict with your true character -- i.e., you don't say what you feel and feel what you say. In short, being authentic is about being true to yourself and your values - not presenting a false image or trying to emulate the style or characteristics of others. You do you better than anyone else, so be you out loud!